Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Welcome to Image & Text (ISSN 2617-3255), an online visual culture journal published by the University of Pretoria
Image & Text is a multi- and interdisciplinary journal for visual culture that publishes research articles. It is accredited by the South African Department of Higher Education and Training. One of the aims of the journal is to showcase new and young academic voices, as well as more established researchers.
This journal is an e-publication and is available through Sabinet online and on the journal website. For any enquiries in this regard, please contact the Department of Visual Arts at +27 12 4202353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.